Entry requirements for PGCE Secondary School Direct are as follows:
- GCSE in mathematics and English language grade C or above.
- A degree classification of 2:2 or above
- The degree qualification must in a related academic subject area. *
- All trainees must pass tests in literacy and numeracy prior to starting their course in September.
- It is also desirable that all applicants have some school experience e.g. observation
* If you have the right qualities to become a teacher there may be an opportunity to enrol on a Subject Knowledge Enhancement Programme (SKE). There are currently programmes available for the following secondary-phase subjects:
If you feel that a Subject Knowledge Enhancement programme would be beneficial to your application or your training please contact us to ask for advice.
Click on the link to complete an online form in order to ask any questions or request support for your school.